The rock wall for the lower section of the driveway completed in July 2006.

Then in October the foundation work and framing could finally begin!

Here is the pumper truck getting the concrete up to where it is needed - and the guys working the concrete.

Lon was soooo happy when the first day of framing finally arrived!!

Then came Day 2 of framing...

...and Day 3...

Day 4...


Nancy and I walked by the house at sunrise on Day 6 of the framing - about 1.5 miles from where we now live - and got this great picture. Lon says the view is what keeps him going on the terribly cold days filled with hard labor.

The view out through the fireplace??? Silly shot.

January progress...


3 comments:
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
My parents have a blog???
I am very proud of my techno-savvy parents!
Hey, you didn't tell me! I followed the link from Brad's blog. Nice job, Mom.
Now, a comment on the house...I didn't realize what miserable working conditions Dad had until we got the tour of the house when we visited last weekend. It is so cold in that house! All I hear is how excited he is to get to work on whatever is coming up next and how disappointed he is when he can't work a day for some reason. I can't imagine looking forward to work in those arctic temperatures you have over there. Yup, you're a tough guy, Dad.
Very cool pictures and blog! Brad, you need to show them how to turn the upper nav-bar brown to match the rest of the site. :-)
Post a Comment