This shows what the doors and trim look like when painted. The door knobs (levers) are even on all the doors now! Orange paper is now covering the flooring - pretty classy! Lon's next jobs will be the tile on the bath and laundry floors and the baseboard throughout the house. Carpet could be coming in just three weeks!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Lots to do, but we're making progress!
Here I thought I'd catch this up to date, but I see the first picture doesn't even have the counter top on - guess I took it to show the flooring and the cabinets finished to that point. While Lon is gone to a postmaster's convention in Albuquerque (as president of the retired postmasters from WA) I'm staining and finishing cabinets. It was pretty much a "one man show" when it came to the manual labor - until the flooring went down - then I helped some with that and now am now working on cabinets.
Here is a shot of the flooring in the master bedroom. The doors are now painted and the trim is installed around them since this picture was taken.
This shows the marble tiles Lon installed around the fireplace and on the raised hearth. The wood will be dark on the bench part and around the tiles for the mantel.


This shows what the doors and trim look like when painted. The door knobs (levers) are even on all the doors now! Orange paper is now covering the flooring - pretty classy! Lon's next jobs will be the tile on the bath and laundry floors and the baseboard throughout the house. Carpet could be coming in just three weeks!
This shows what the doors and trim look like when painted. The door knobs (levers) are even on all the doors now! Orange paper is now covering the flooring - pretty classy! Lon's next jobs will be the tile on the bath and laundry floors and the baseboard throughout the house. Carpet could be coming in just three weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Janet, it looks beautiful! I bet you can hardly wait to move in. Any chance you'll be moving in by Christmas?? : )
--Laurie
Laurie-
Lon is thinking it will be before the end of October, but we'll see. He's always the optimist and I am the realistic one. :-)
Oh wow, how exciting! Maybe Christmas in your new home... : ) But I thought that too, in by Christmas, --didn't happen!
Keep us updated I love seeing the progress.
Laurie
Post a Comment