In September Lon hauled and spread this load of rocks on the steep hillside next to our driveway, making it look much more "finished." He worked so hard and I was soooo appreciative! With the landscape fabric underneath there shouldn't be too much of a weed problem.
The way the driveway and house take up much of this lot, we had no space for lawn. I have so enjoyed being able to fiddle with flower, vegetable and shrub areas this summer and not have to be concerned with keeping a lawn mowed and looking good. Our neighbor gave us several starts of butterfly bushes which we planted above the upper driveway. Here they are in bloom, much to our surprise. We thought they wouldn't bloom until next season!
Our good friends, Rick and Valerie, told us about a great hike they took to Silver Falls up out of Entiat, and they willingly took us along when my knee was healed enough that I thought I could handle it. It was just wonderful!! Here are our guides.
Some of the scenery we enjoyed -
the falls
part of the creek down below
view from on the way down
and a silly picture I couldn't resist taking when we were having lunch at a campground after our hike
No comments:
Post a Comment