Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Toby, Carol, Ryan, Jake, Emma and Jessie blessed us by joining us on Wednesday afternoon and staying two nights before leaving for Friday Harbor on Friday morning. Brad, Lindsey, Elliott, Wesley and Spencer were also able to join us for the Thanksgiving meal at our house after hosting a dinner for all of us the evening before. That gave the cousins several hours together over the two days. We also enjoyed the company of Rick and Valerie, who joined us last Thanksgiving when there were only five of us here. This time there were 16 of us, which was very fun!!!
Spencer was doing something funny - closing eyes tight - getting ready to say "cheese" or something - I'm not sure. Lindsey took lots of pictures and probably has some great ones!

Here are Brad, Spencer and Lon - three generations.

Emma, Carol, Ryan, Jake and (the back of) Elliott

Pie was served a bit later - whoops! I didn't get a picture of Valerie's great apple pie. I wouldn't have taken this picture, except that I had dropped my camera the evening before and thought it was broken. When it acted like it might work in the morning, I was ready to test it out on anything nearby. The pies were - and it worked!!!
Dessert time was about over, but someone was having seconds! I love it when they like the pie!

Valerie enjoying time with Jessie

A picture from the other side of the table

There was lots of silliness and fun - up to five of the seven grandkids running and yelling with delight across the deck in the dark - and miscellaneous antics. Not sure what Wesley is demonstrating here, but it made my neck hurt just looking at him!!

No comments: