Our dear friends, Rick and Valerie, came to help us can cherries one day. I was kind of hoping our canning days were over, but free cherries and Lon's love of preserving food got us back into it big time.
It was nice to have the downstairs kitchen for that so we didn't have to mess up the kitchen I use. There was some cherry juice flying when Rick and I used the pitter. I think that should be an "outside job!" Here Valerie and I are posing with the cherries.
Then July 4th required a gathering of friends - to play some cards, share some treats and watch the fireworks. We're happy Brad and Lindsey like our friends (and our view of the fireworks) enough to join us.
There were actually several more of us ladies present, but I neglected to take a picture of them playing a game out on the deck.
Janet watching the fireworks across the river with the grandsons
Great Grandma Jessie with Brad's family watching fireworks
Visitors who came especially because Gail was home...
The Huges - special friends and youth ministers from Friday Harbor days
The Huges - special friends and youth ministers from Friday Harbor days
The Hedeens - special friends from Dallas, OR with PNG connections as well
1 comment:
Way to blog, Mama. It was fun to remember all those fun times. I guess I was in Seattle when you and Vaughns canned, but I was there for the rest. Good times!
Post a Comment