Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grandpa Going to Work


Last Saturday Spencer, who just turned 3 on Thursday, was at our house with Brad for awhile, and shortly before they were going to leave, Lon told Spencer that he needed to leave soon to go to work .
Spencer asked, "Are you going to work at Fred Meyer?"
"Yes," Lon replied.
"Are you going to wear a dress?" Spencer asked.
Surprised, Lon answered, "No, I'm not going to wear a dress!"

Brad and I were smiling at each other - very entertained by the conversation, and Brad then asked Lon if he wore an apron at work. He does, of course, and Spencer has seen him there. Apparently the apron made quite an impression on him.

Here's a picture I took of Lon at work (in his dirty apron/dress) talking to Carol last year when she was visiting.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this story... with pictures of dad. I thought about posting it, but I didn't want to poke fun at dad in his "dress". I am pretty sure it's okay for you to do it though.

Laurie and Alan said...

HA! Now that was pretty funny! Once Hayden our grand son thought that it would be just fine for us to drive right into traffic because, "we have airbags!"