Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Has it really been FIVE MONTHS of treatment? Yes!!


We met with Lon's oncologist, Dr. Julie Smith, this morning to discuss his CT scan results from last week and to learn what she advises for future treatment.

The scan  results were GREAT!! - the tumor was further reduced in size - and it showed no evidence of cancer in the lungs, liver or lymph system!!  We were hoping for possibly having a break from this chemo-every-other-Tuesday routine, but she thought it best to continue with that. She has taken him off one of the infusion drugs, shortening the treatment day by 1.5 hrs. and possibly reducing the side effects. The blood test today showed the tumor marker was also reduced - down one more point to 15. 

In these times of uncertainty, we are so thankful to God for His constant presence with us, giving us strength and peace.


1 comment:

Jo Huge said...

I am so glad Gail sent a link to your blog. I didn't realize you had a blog and I sure enjoyed looking at all the pictures and catching up on your blogs. The picture of your wedding was so fun and I would've thought that was Brad instead of Lon. We love you two and thank the Lord for your friendship, family and love for the Lord.