Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Rejoicing in our new "normal"



This past week we had two special visitors - my friend Shirley from California, whom I've known since college days in 1966-67 - and Lon's brother Terry, who spent several days with us on his way back to Alaska. We had some sweet fellowship all around.


Lon began his 13th round of chemo yesterday, marking 24 weeks since he started treatment.  The CA19-9 number came down one more point, continuing in the right direction.  He continues to feel fairly good, and with his oncologist's blessing, we are planning a trip Lon has dreamed of for years!  We are excited, and Lord willing, we will fit that in between treatments very soon!! Lots more about that when we return, I'm sure!


A friend encouraged me with Romans 12:12 yesterday, so I'm passing it on here:

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer... 

No comments: